Please familiarize yourself with the P2P criteria/process below, especially the qualifying criteria as we try to tidy up this process. This material is always in the Activity Guide for you to reference for our users as well.
- 90% of the registration fee for recreation programs are covered through this subsidy funding program.
- The parent pays 10% of the total cost of registration including HST if applicable
- Due to limited funding, only Lakeshore residents are eligible to apply for this subsidy program.
- Funds are based on the size of the family and maximum family income.
- Funds are based on a first come, first serve basis and may be limited.
- The Town of Lakeshore reserves the right to reject any claim if funding is no longer available.
- Only programs approved by the Town of Lakeshore are eligible for coverage.
- Children must be 17 years of age or younger.
- Maximum 2 programs per year or the set amount as established by the Town of Lakeshore per child per year
To be considered for this program, you must:
- Provide proof of annual income from your Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment, Child Tax Benefit Notice or Ontario Child Benefit must be provided prior to registering..
- Apply directly with Recreation Services with the above documents no later than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the recreation program.
- Once approved for funding, families will be required to pay 10% of the registration fee per program to the organization upon registration. A copy of the official receipt stating the 10% paid and the balance outstanding is then submitted Recreation Services for processing.
- Approval from Recreation Services MUST be provided to any organization prior to registration
Funding is not automatic and the clients MUST be approved prior to registering to ensure that we do have enough funding available.
Supervisor of Recreation Programming
TOWN OF LAKESHORE